Monday, April 16, 2012

Buffet 101



 I love buffets, and I always try out new buffet restaurants in town.  Buffet 101 in SM Mall of Asia features international cuisines, its posh lights and decors, will definitely give you a five star hotel dining experience. I have been wanting to dine here since it opened last year. Finally, thanks to my cousin, I got the chance to dine in this restaurant to celebrate my cousin’s graduation. 





Salad – They have ready made salads but you can also make your own salad. They had fresh veggies which I really liked. What I did was I got some cesar salad and added crab sticks on my salad. Something I always look forward in a buffet! 



Japanese Cuisine- Sushi and Maki! This is what I usually order when dining in a Japanese restaurants.  Their sushi are fresh and their maki was okay. It would have been better if they lessen the rice on their makis. But it is expected since your dining in a buffet restaurant.


Chinese Cuisine- they have hainanese chicken, asado, crispy roast pork ( aka lechon kawali), radish cake, dumplings, mantao etc. was really good. I liked that it was newly cooked and that they had a variety of condiments for its dimsum. They also serve newly cooked noodle soup. You just need tell them your order.



Grill Selection-even though they have ready made dishes, you can ask them to cook your meat the way you wanted it to be.  My personal favorite was the lamb with the red wine sauce it was not too tough to eat and yet the sauce added more flavor to the lamb.




Sweets- Every kid’s favorite part of the buffet! Candies! I tried almost every piece of candy served in this restaurant.  They even had a chocolate fountain to coat your fruits with chocolate=) 



Buffet 101 has a variety of dishes you can choose from. However I noticed that they don’t serve Italian dishes. Over all we had a great dining experience, what made it better was that the staff assigned in each station are friendly and accommodating. I would definitely dine here again.

Friendly reminder from the management


Buffet Rates
 


Buffet 101 International Cuisine 
San Miguel by the bay, SM Mall of Asia near Microtel
Tel Nos: 556-2888, 556-3888
Opens daily 11:00am-2:30pm,5:30pm-10:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment