Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Date Night at Melo’s


My boyfriend loves to eat beef. He always mentioned that we should dine at Melo’s since it is known as one of the best places to enjoy Wagyu beef.  But I often refused his offer to maintain my diet.  It was Valentines’ Day when we dined at Melo’s. I had no choice since I told him to surprise me.  =)


The restaurant had a special menu for that day a 4 course meal which includes Onion soup, Ceasar salad, a main dish, and dessert.  I had Spaghetti Puttancesca while my boyfriend ordered for Wagyu beef.A steak cart was presented to him so he can choose the cut and thickness of the meat before it is grilled. 


Freshly made bread was served as we waited for our dish. I must say their bread is good. I was able to finish the two buns before the soup was served. 

Onion Soup
The soup was topped with bread and mozzarella cheese.  The soup was okay usual onion soup served in other restaurants.

                                                            Classic Ceasar Salad
Crispy romaine lettuce tossed with our one of a kind ceasar dressing with crunchy croutons, parmesan and bacon.

Spaghetti Puttancesca
Tomato based pasta topped with Wagyu meatballs. Looks ordinary but you’ll be surprised when you taste it.  Dish was cooked and seasoned just the way I wanted. Definitely one of the best pasta I’ve ever tasted.

Wagyu beef
Wagyu beef with corn and mashed potato on the side. The beef was cooked perfectly just the way he wanted it, very juicy and tender as well. He had the fat taken out and deep friend to a crisp. 

Dessert
I’m not sure what we had for dessert, but tasted like Banoffee cake topped with chocolate butterfly and Strawberry. 

During that day, ladies got a free stuff toy, however I didn’t receive any.   We didn’t bother to ask for one nonetheless I did enjoyed my Valentines date. =)


Melo's - Quezon City
58 Sgt. Esguerra (formerly Bohol Ave.)
Quezon City (across ABS-CBN)
Contact number: 924-9194 & 924-9168

No comments:

Post a Comment