Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Milk Teas in the Philippines




It was early 2011 when several milk tea stalls and cafés opened in the Metro. It was like a breath of fresh air knowing that I can have milk tea anytime I wanted. Unlike before where I would have to go to a specific tea house just to grab my favorite drink.
 

Here are some of the milk tea places that already made its name

Ersao
From left Milk tea- P45, Spicy Pork rice -P75, and steam dumpling (5pcs)-  P50

Before the boom of tea shops, I had my first taste of milk tea at Ersao. Pearl milk tea is my personal favorite drink. But unlike other tea shops, Ersao has limited selection of milk tea which includes Taro, Almond, Chocolate, Caramel, and Strawberry or you can choose from their fresh fruit shakes.  They also serve affordable authentic Taiwanese food in case you want to grab something together with your drink.  In this shop, your P150 can go a long way.
 
Serenitea 

 Strawberry Milk Tea and Okinawa Milk Tea -P105(Large) 


Serenitea offers a wide array of teas. For milk tea, Okinawa and Hokkaido are the best sellers but if you want to explore you can try their Uji Matcha and Camomile. Serenitea uses espresso machines to make freshly brewed teas. Drinks in this shop cost around P85-P105 and goes well with their chicken chops and pepper corn. 

You can also enjoy jumbo cups during their anniversary or branch opening



Moon Leaf


Pudding Milk Tea P70

I dropped by Moon Leaf in Katipunan since I heard positive feedback about the store. It was past 2pm when I arrived, but the place was packed! Their bestsellers are the Caramel Milk Tea and Hakka Milk Tea that cost around P70. Unlike other tea shops, Moon leaf uses green tea instead of black tea which gives you a strong green tea taste in every sip this is recommend for green tea lovers. 

Chatime 

Pearl Milk Tea and Taro Milk Tea- P90 (Large)

Just in across Serenitea in banawe is another tea shop named Chatime. Like Serenitea, Chatime offers a wide selection of milk teas and fruit shakes. I had no idea what to order so I decided to have their own version of Milk tea and pudding for my toppings. I like their milktea, it has the right thickness which complements the pudding.

Happy Lemon

Crispy Cocoa Matcha with Brown Sugar Jelly -P90 (Small)

Happy Lemon opened its doors in the Philippines 4th quarter of 2010 in Promenade. It did not have a hard time penetrating the market since it not only provided its consumers fragrant slides of fresh teas, but it also created an optimistic, healthy and fashionable tea culture experience to meet with our generation. Happy Lemon’s best sellers are the Cocoa with Rock Salt, and Cheese and Lemon Yakult but this time I tried their Crispy Cocoa Matcha with Brown Sugar Jelly, the combination of the ingredients gives you 3 different kinds of taste which I really like. 
 
Happy Lemon has several branches in the metro but for best tasting drink visit their branch in Greenhills. Drinks served in this branch are more consistent making you enjoy your drink with every sip.

Saint's Alp Teahouse

Taro Milk Tea- P100 (Small) 

And last but not the least Saint’s Alp Teahouse which opened last August of 2011 along Katipunan. At first you may think that Saint’s Alp is just another milk tea place but what sets them apart from the other milk tea shop is that they offer a variety of high quality Taiwanese drinks and food that provides the busy urbanites a leisurely and comfortable place to hang out in. I usually have their Black Tea w/ Milk and Pearls since the drink looks like milk shake with foam and crushed ice on top of your drink. This time I had Taro Milk tea which I also liked. The taro and milk is blended well making it a creamy drink. Definitely a must try!

No comments:

Post a Comment