Thursday, July 7, 2011

Crazylicious Krazy Garlik!


Bistro group has once again proved that being different is never a hindrance as Krazy Garlik turns 1 this August.  As the name implies, this restaurant concept offers food infused with garlic goodness be it an appetizer, entree, and yes, they do offer garlic for dessert too! 

As most of us know, garlic contains anti-oxidant ingredients and reduces bad cholesterol, making each of their dishes sumptuous yet healthy. Krazy garlik have embraced a number of garlic recipes from around the world, with garlic as a main component. Be it Spanish, Filipino, Italian or Middle Eastern - Krazy Garlik sure has a special garlicky dish suitable for ones cravings. 

I had the privilege to be invited in Greenbelt's Krazy Garlik for an event. We were served quite a number of their famous dishes. 

For starters we had the Amazing Krazy Garlik Salad. I was attracted with the mountainous pile of greens in sesame lime dressing (cucumber, bell pepper, onions with chicken strips with wonton strips) and sure enough, I was never disappointed as the combination of veggies and dressing complemented each other.

Cream Cheese and Spinach dish as i have heard people say it was good.  True enough the spinach and creamy cheese melts inside my mouth. Soooo Yummy ^_^

Now for the main course we had Garlik Snowflakes Pizza, which is one of their best sellers. It might not seem attractive at first sight compared to your usual pizza but I loved how they've mixed shrimp and pineapple on a creamy thin crust base and sprinkled with garlic bits on top. I personally consider this as my favorite as the blend of pineapple and garlic was perfect and yes, I didn't need to worry much on the calorie intake as well. 

Hara Kiri Rice is highly recommended for those who love to eat spicy, as it contains squid, shrimps and bacon topped with red chilies. Not to worry for those who can't eat spicy like me as they also offer Chinese Style Fried Rice that would definitely suit your taste buds. 

The Garlicky Crispy Pata is not bad although I think they can still improve this dish to make it more crispy and a must-eat in Krazy Garlik.


I was also able to try their dragonfruit shake with strawberry - thumbs up for this  thick and creamy drink especially for me who do not eat dragonfruit I was able to enjoy this drink. 

For the more conscious people, their one-of-a-kind Garlicky Crema Catalana is recommended for dessert but for those who have a sweet tooth like me, Apple Tart a La Mode is preferred as the yummy apple tart complimented well with the creamy vanilla ice cream. 

Garlicky Crema Catalana
Apple Tart a La Mode
I'd surely love to return to this restaurant to try more of their Krazy menu! Krazy Garlik is also about to open its third branch by third quarter of this year at the Fort area. I'm pretty sure it will be a hit since their food is really good.

1 comment:

  1. tried the Garlik Snowflakes Pizza and its so delicious!

    ReplyDelete