Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Opus Restaurant and Lounge

Opus is an upscale restaurant and lounge/club located inside Resorts World Manila. Lunch and dinner at Opus are served with style.  

 


The dining area is made-up with platinum hued banquets and marble tables. The walls are flanked by deconstructed fine art murals. Opus serves modern European cuisine by Manila’s top chef Carlos Miguel. Quite a big claim huh? I was so excited to try their dish I even invited my friends to have our post-valentine dinner here.

So what did I think?

Short ribs

2 pcs of beef short rib served with mashed potato. The beef itself was soft, tender and juicy and tastes like a normal steak.

 Sea bass with Risotto 

The fish was a bit overcooked I had to chew more than I would have, before I could swallow the fish. The risotto on the other hand was under cooked. The texture of it is like munching on uncooked rice, I even asked my friends to try it just to make sure that the risotto was undercooked.  I ended up returning the dish and requested it to be cooked properly.  It is a good dish, if only it was properly cooked. 

 Mashed Potato

Looks like a potato cream soup but its mashed potatoes. Fortunately this is the only dish that I actually liked (how I wish I had only ordered this dish). Potatoes were mashed evenly with the right mix of seasoning I couldn't stop eating this dish!

The restaurant had attentive and accommodating staff but in the end what makes you go back to places like this is their food. I was disappointed with my dining experience at Opus. I was expecting to have an appetizing dish since food in this restaurant is pricey. Will I go back? Yes, if I get to dine for free =) 

OPUS Restaurant and Lounge

2F Newport Mall, Resorts World Manila
1309 Pasay City Philippines
Contact Number: +63 917 874 7738 ; +63 917 809 4093


No comments:

Post a Comment