Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Boracay Getaway




It was summer of 2007 when I last went to Boracay. Back then the place was populated and polluted, you can see trash and cigarette butt all over the shore. It came to a point that I’d rather swim in our hotel’s pool.  After that vacation I told myself that I will never go back to Boracay again. But I being a beach lover and Boracay being an island paradise with powder white beach and crystal blue water, my friends did not have a hard time to convince me to join them in their Boracay trip.

 
Alley of D'mall
It was past 12nn when we arrived, since check in time is 2pm, we went straight to D’mall to have our lunch.  I was quite amazed with what I saw. I can still remember this place has a rustic feel and tourist used to visit this place to buy souvenirs and pasalubong, but now with various shops and restaurants, tourist go here to shop, dine and have fun! D’mall is definitely a mall by the beach. 


Clear water and white sand of Boracay Beach

After a satisfying lunch at a local restaurant, I decided to walk along the beach. The beach is not populated at all (you don’t’ have to worry people pushing you around), calm waters, cool breeze, and most of all prices for water sports/activities during this season are reasonable. It is during this season that you should visit Boracay. So I came up with a list on things you can do during your stay in Boracay, here it goes. 

Island hopping. There are many wonderful islands surrounding Boracay Island. You can choose from various itineraries for your island hopping experience. Snorkeling gear is a must, boats can stop in the middle of a perfect spot in the ocean for snorkeling and diving. 


Water activities. One of the best way to enjoy your stay in Boracay is engaging to their water activities like banana boat, parasailing, fly fish and unwind with Paraw Sailing , let the wind take you wherever the wind leads you on this unique this double-winged wind driven boat.  This sunset cruise definitely a romantic trip for couples.  

Fly Fish
Parasailing

ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle) ride.   Travel the vast terrain of Boracay Island by renting an ATV.  Hop on and journey through the entire land area of Boracay, from the steepest to the roughest areas of the Island.

ATV Ride


Jonah’s Fruit Shake. A trip to Boracay won’t be complete without trying Jonah’s fruit shake. Cool down with flavors from fruits to chocolate that costs around P80-P160. Some of their best sellers are Choco Banana, Mango Milk, Mango Banana and seasonal flavors ( Strawberry Mango, and Strawberry Banana) Enjoy these shakes while relaxing under the sun or while strolling around the island. Aside from the fruit shakes, this restaurant also offers various Italian, American, Filipino and Mexican dishes. 

My favorite Avocado Shake and Choco Banana Shake

Jonah's Pizza

Potato Salad

Boracay Bars. For such a small island, Boracay offers a number of nightlife options to its visitors. Some of the most popular bars are Cocomangas Shooter Bar, Pat Creek Bar, Guilly’s Island and Club Paraw. 
Boracay Scenery. Have a massage or a meal by the beach to fully enjoy the breath taking view of Boracay Island!

 


Due to time constrains I wasn’t able to try all of the activities, how I wish I have the time to do all these activities. I enjoyed my short Bora vacation and this time, I fell in love with Boracay. I will definitely visit Boracay again, hopefully next year ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to the locals of island, government, as well as the owners boracay resorts, who are working hard in maintaining the beauty of Boracay. Because of that, Boracay has always been on top of the list when it comes to best beaches in the world.

    ReplyDelete