Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Trattoria Italia



Just recently I was able to bond with my friends at Eastwood to have dinner and watch a movie.  It was past 7pm when we’re looking for a place where we can dine. Since we wanted to explore restaurants, we agreed to dine in a restaurant we’ve never tried.  

 
We came across Trattoria Italia just beside MOMO café Ground Floor of Eastwood Mall Veranda. Since all of us like Italian food, we didn’t have to look for other options. 

Inside Trattoria Italia


Italian inspired interior with a cozy feel. I love it!

Similar to Italianni’s, Breads were served while waiting for your meal. 
You can ask for a refill!

Butter, liver spread and salsa were served for the dip. You can also ask for extra vinaigrette to go with your bread. I did it too. 

For starters we had Zuppa Ai Fungi (Mushroom soup) and Zuppa Di Cipole Classico Onion (Onion soup). Unlike other restaurants, soup was very creamy and you can see mushrooms in your soup. The soup was really delicious, I wanted to fish it but I have to leave some space for the main dish. I ask my friend’s opinion for the onion soup he replied “typical onion soup”.

Zuppa Ai Fungi. Looking at the photo this soup can be shared by 2 persons
Zuppa Di Cipole Classico Onion. I like the presentation of this soup
For the main dish we had Spaghetti Alla Pescatora, classic fresh seafood pasta in a tomato sauce. Pasta was cooked just right and the sauce perfect not to sour or sweet.  

Spaghetti Alla Pescatora
 For our pizza we had Siciliana Pomodoro thin crust pizza topped with Mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and capers with anchovies and Italian sausage. I find the anchovies very salty thus I have to remove them but still a good pizza.   

Siciliana Pomodoro
Salmone Al Spumante came out last. I wasn’t able to take a picture of this dish but the dish consists of fresh salmon sautéed with Italian sparkling spumante served with asparagus and spinach, a very healthy dish. To finish our sumptuous meal we had Panna Cotta Con Miele o Frutti Di Bosco o Cioccolato for our dessert. Trattoria Italia’s Panna Cotta is made out of Italian cream custard drizzled with walnuts and honey. For me Italianni’s Panna Cotta is better.

Food in this restaurant is really good but my concern is that the restaurant is undermanned resulting to a slow service. We can’t blame the management since turnover of people dining in Eastwood on a weekend is quite fast.   




No comments:

Post a Comment